Need a owners manual for a 1989 Seanymph SS 175 Fish & Ski

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello everyone,

I am new to the boating community and new to boating,So I need some help and hope this is the correct place to ask my question.

I recently purchased a few weeks ago it is a 1989 Seanymph SS 175 Fish & Ski 18ft boat that is in beautiful shape,but the previous owner did not have a owners manual for it showing all the specs of the boat..All he had was the manual for the engine.

So I wanted to see if anyone could help me find a downloadable pdf file of the manual for my boat,I need to find out how all the wiring is ran for the lights,trolling motor,accessories and the size of the fuel tank etc..I also need the owners manual to see if the plug outlet that is in the bow of the boat is setup and wired correctly to run a 12/24 volt trolling motor..

So I hope someone here can help me locate a owners manual for my boat..

Thank You for any help as it would be greatly appreciated..

Here is a picture of my truck and boat on my way back home after buying it,had to take a pit stop to stretch my legs..

A5qAxj.jpg

Here is a few pictures of the boat back home and one picture of it when I was at the sellers place..

R2yy8N.jpg

Bkuy0z.jpg

QoJtNZ.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
The owners manual, if you can find one, woud have been extremely basic, generic info that probably wouldnt have any of the info you're looking for.

Boat manuals arent anything like car/truck manuals.

Another owner may be able to help you answer those questions.

Welcome to iboats Darth
Keep the Dark side of the Force in check you will

Watermann

Last edited:

NYBo

Admiral
Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

The boat looks to be in great shape!

Everyone will tell you that owners manuals don't contain much useful information. Mine seems to be an exception, then, because it has wiring diagrams, fuel tank capacities, OE prop specifications, and basic motor specifications (it covers several boat models).

The manual for your motor should be very useful, though.

What part of NY are you in?

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Everyone will tell you that owners manuals don't contain much useful information. Mine seems to be an exception, then, because it has wiring diagrams, fuel tank capacities, OE prop specifications, and basic motor specifications (it covers several boat models).

Thank You..

I live in Rouses Point,NY,I live in the very northeast corner of NY where I am on the border Canada and Vermont,I am less then a half a mile from the Canadian Customs and about 1 mile from Vermont which is just across the bridge that goes over Lake Champlain..,I am also right next to a Marina where I also park my boat for the winter which makes it nice as the boat is right behind the house I live in so it is less then a 100 feet to go to my boat,here is a picture of my boat behind the house....I know the owner very well and he lets me park the boat there at no charge as I cut the grass for him just on the other side of the fence where the camper is which is my landlord sister camper they stay in when the come down from West Virginia for the summer..

Oh I forgot why I need the manual is I needed to find out what size the gas tank was and if the plug in the bow is setup for 12/24 volt for a trolling motor I have that I want to install,I do know the plug outlet does have 3 prongs in the socket which I pretty sure will be ok for a 12/24 volt,I just like to make sure..I think I have a picture but it may not be very good picture as I took it with my phone and when I took it,I had tried to take it with part of the boat cover removed..

SsEkWd.jpg

Here is that picture of the plug outlet..

M6cWiF.jpg

Last edited:

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thank You so much for the info,I will surely check your link out..

tlombard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This. I was highly disappointed in the owner's manual for my new-to-me boat. I was looking forward to a winter of reading/memorizing specs and such but it really doesn't have anything other than extremely basic information. But that just means you get to spend more time poking around places like this which isn't a bad thing.

roffey

Commander
I bought a brand new boat, right off the show room floor two years back. The boat came with a manual for the motor but as mentioned above it was generic and it covered all the different 4.3 motors, so you have to know what motor you have. There was no manual for the boat as such. I had the radio, depth sounder, trailer.......

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello everyone.

Does anyone here own a boat like mine 1989 Seanymph S175 18ft with a 1989 Evinrude 70hp.?

If so can anyone tell me or give me a idea on what would be the approximate size of the fuel tank on the my boat be? I am thinking it is maybe around 15 or 16 gallons maybe bigger so I would like to know if anyone can tell me..

I am asking as I need to know because I am going to running some Star Tron Star Brite Enzyme Treatment to help with Ethanol Fuel,I need to know because you put so many ounces per gallons of gas.. ..The bottles I picked up are 8 oz. bottles.this is the exact bottle I picked up,I picked up 4 bottles of it..

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Tron-Enz...d=1455676266&sr=8-2&keywords=star+tron+gallon

It is also very hard to get non [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Ethanol [/FONT]Fuel around me unless I take a road trip with my boat 30 miles one way to get this non Ethanol fuel so instead of driving that far I figured I use Star Tron Star Brite Enzyme Treatment to help me.

I also have 6 x 5 gallon gas jugs, so I may one day make a road trip to pickup some non ethanol gas just so I can one day run some of it one day,but for the time being I will have to use the regular gas I can get around me..I will do some checking around me to see if there is any chance that one of the gas stations that is close by does sell the non ethanol gas..

I also have another question, I have a very good friend who has a Skeeter boat that has a Yamaha 200hp on his boat and he mentioned to me that he has been running a product called Yamaha Ring Free Fuel Additive would this stuff be any good for my Evinrude 70hp even if it says Yamaha on it..And is there any difference between this and the Star Tron Treatment I be using?

First let me say this I am not looking to have a debate on what is the best as everyone will have a different answer and I will respect everyone opinion on what they use.

So I am just asking and to need to know are both treatments use for 2 different things or do they both treat the same thing..

Thank You for all your help as I am sure there be more questions I will be asking later on down the road..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
On the tank size there should be an access deck plate or pop out that's above the fittings which is also where the tanks label should be located nearby.

I feel for ya on not having close access to non E fuel, I have 2 stations within 5 miles that has non E premium so I don't have any need to use those additives. Good luck!

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
On the tank size there should be an access deck plate or pop out that's above the fittings which is also where the tanks label should be located nearby.

I feel for ya on not having close access to non E fuel, I have 2 stations within 5 miles that has non E premium so I don't have any need to use those additives. Good luck!

ThankYou. I will have to check to see if there is a label where you told me to look,first I need to wait till it starts getting warmer outside,the weather has been really nasty out here in New York,we just had 3 days with minus 20 below temp with a 30 to 40 mph winds making it nearly 50 to 60 below out side,I be so glad when spring is here..

thumpar

Admiral
I wouldn't worry about ethanol. That is all have used in both of my boats. The only treatment I do is over winter with some of the green Sta-Bil.

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
Seanymph's tend to be smaller than stated.......If it is like my 17' it's more like 16.5' X just shy of 7' beam w/90hp merc... Very solid capable boat but very wet ride!!! My boat has removable tanks but I did have an older fs165 and it held 12gallons...

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Seanymph's tend to be smaller than stated.......If it is like my 17' it's more like 16.5' X just shy of 7' beam w/90hp merc... Very solid capable boat but very wet ride!!! My boat has removable tanks but I did have an older fs165 and it held 12gallons...

Thanks on the fuel tank size,I did get a chance to measure the length of the boat it was just shy of 17.7 so I will say it is more like 17.6 from the bow to the transom..As to the width I did not get a chance to measure it I know it seems to pretty wide but when I get a chance and the weather warms up I will get a measurement on the width..

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
I wouldn't worry about ethanol. That is all have used in both of my boats. The only treatment I do is over winter with some of the green Sta-Bil.
X2 on the Marine Sta-Bil. It's probably overkill but I use it in every tank, 1 oz/10 gallons. I'd also suggest a synthetic blend tcw3. It reduced the smoke on mine noticeably. It still smokes on cold starts. That's a great engine, too.

I'm on the VT side of Champlain in Burlington. Nice boat, BTW. It looks to be in excellent shape.

DarthVader

Petty Officer 3rd Class
chemicalwire nice to see another person from the other side of the pond I am from,Yeah I was very Happy to pickup the boat as you stated it was in great shape and can wait to get it on the water..I will pickup some of the synthetic blend twc3 to give it a try..There is so many things I need to know about my boat especially keeping it in tip top shape as it is my first boat and will be a boat I be running for a very long time unless I win the lottery,lol

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
I did some searching and found just about nothing for you!
It's amazing what 5 years can do to info on the web.....When I bought my last Seanymph (cc171) there was a bunch of info all over the web. Now there is just about nothing... The only specs I could find for your boat are on iboats, and it lists the boat @ 16.58' and 790lbs 90hp max.. That is about what I measured on the two 17's I have owned. You are a solid foot longer so I don't think you can trust what is listed on iboats. They made tons of these boats and now it's like they never existed!
I actually still own the cc171 (been sitting for 3 seasons rotting). I have caught more Blues, Stripers, and Albies than I could count on that boat...think it's time to give someone a crazy deal in the spring to get it of of the yard !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.