Fishing line quick connects?

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is there something like a quick connect I can setup on different rigs instead of tying all the time to my 3 way? I'm always trying different lures and bait and having the wife and kid on the boat I'm constantly tying knots instead of fishing. lol

Usually bottom fish for fluke, had some real nice 26-27" blues the other weekend too.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
I have purchased bulk snap lock connectors for my 3 ways in the past with some level of success. Doesn't work too good for fish that spook easily like some bass and walleye, but muskies couldn't care less.

snap lock.jpg

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yes I also had so so luck using such things. Finicky fish will leave those things alone and you will not get as many hookups. But they are what they are... Tie everything now... JMHO!

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Maybe use a clip like that but I have to leave the leader on all the hooks?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
There are several different types of "disconnects" on the market. None of which I use because I don't like "hardware" in general. Not because the fish care, simply because each piece of hardware adds 3 possible points of failure.

If you must use a disconnect, I would recommend Norman Speed Clips or Tactical Angler Clips. Beats the heck of old fashion snap swivels.