help finding key west &carolina skiff models for light offshore fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hellow
I am looking to buy and import a uded fishing vessel from USA, 18-22 feet, to be used in kight offshore fishing (up to 8 miles offshore for jigging and live bait fishing) . Not known here in the middle east but I found a few Key west boats that look good to this purpose. some of them has the name "skiff" which i understand is made for shallow waters and not for open salt water seas. some key west has a name sk (such as key west 218 sk) which i don't know if that means skiff or what?

anyway, I would appreciate if some of you can guide me to an old key west boats models of 18-22 feet that exists in years 2006-2011 that are good for the purpose i am looking for.

If also can give me guidance about carolina skiff if suitable for this purpose then i will deeply appreciate it.

Solicitation removed - GA_B, Mod

many thanks
sameh

Last edited by a moderator:

WesMason

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello Sameh - I can't help you with available boats in Florida but I thought I could speak about Skiffs since I own a Mako Pro Skiff 17. I use it on lakes where I live and take it to San Diego California for offshore/near-shore fishing. The "skiff" model was designed for shallow water, "salt flat" fishing because they only sit about 8 inches in the water. They are very stable with very little "rolling" motion. I have taken my skiff offshore without any issues whatsoever. It all depends on how the waves are behaving. I can sit in 4 foot waves all day long without issue. My personal recommendation is a center console boat for offshore fishing. It makes things much easier.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.