Wahoo Salad

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander
I had the goodfortune of a friend giving me some fresh Wahoo a friend of his caught. I grilled about 2 lbs last night marinaded briefly in lemonjuice,fresh garlic, and "Jane's Crazy mixed up Lime Pepper seasoning" It was Fantastic. I wondered what to do w some leftovers and made a salad tonight w greens,carrot,cucumber,brocolli-(what was in the fridge) shredded cheese, croutons,and tossed w the sliced cold fish ( 2 medallions ), a splash of Italian dressing and a sprinkle of Janes It was about the best salad I ever had I do believe.

Last edited:

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wahoo Salad

I had the goodfurtune of a friend giving me some fresh Wahoo a friend of his caught. I grilled about 2 lbs last night marinaded briefly in lemonjuice,fresh garlic, and "Jane's Crazy mixed up Lime Pepper seasoning" It was Fantastic. I wondered what to do w some leftovers and made a salad tonight w greens,carrot,cucumber,brocolli-(what was in the fridge) shredded cheese, croutons,and tossed w the sliced cold fish ( 2 medallions ), a splash of Italian dressing and a sprinkle of Janes It was about the best salad I ever had I do believe.
eemmmm!

island mike

Chief Petty Officer

Try it raw next time.
Forget about the lime juice and all of that.
slice tuna thin a you can,splash with your favorite salty soy sauce and you will be in heaven.

sasto

Captain

Try it raw next time.
Forget about the lime juice and all of that.
slice tuna thin a you can,splash with your favorite salty soy sauce and you will be in heaven.

I agree.....and with some wasabi sauce. Wahoo the same. It sure beats Tarpon!:eek:

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

I know better than to ruin a great piece of fish by over cooking it. I cut the steaks from the fillet almost 3" thick and grilled about 2 mins per side........it was very rare in the center and oh so tasty. My wife didn't like it so I had to force myself to try to eat it all ;) , it was tough but I managed to eat about a pound the night I grilled it:D