Back to the Sunshine Skyway

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Biggest limiting factor is my time in a sit in kayak trying to fish in a non fishing kayak, my limit is 3 hours we fished for 4 hour hours I had to get out and walk and stretch on a barnacle reef before we paddled in, like a hot stabbing knife in the hip joints that need to be replaced.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Switched to 10 pound fluorocarbon line for our last fish of the week low tide at 3:48 pm, hope we can get shrimp.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
So today we finally had a low tide, 4 dozen shrimp we ended up getting out of the kayak and hunkering close to the mangrove shrubs and casting between the barnacle reefs, sight casting to redfish, then trout, then snook. great last day. Will be back next month.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I did have a #1 stainless circle hook get bent down and closed on me. I also found another bait shop that is close to the snead cut, there is a marina with a bait shop in the back of the Tropical Isles trailer park just over the Bridge from Snead to Palmetto. Has minnows and shrimp.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
So the wife and I made a big decision, next winter my jon boat is moving to Florida. I am very limited by using the kayak, it is a painful experience I can not take being in a kayak for more than a few hours. My jon has been modified with a tunnel in the transom so my Honda can scoot thru less than 12" of water.