Drone Fishing

sam am I

Commander
I know my Dad used to surf fish back in the day, but wow!.......Perhaps I could talk him into this, I know a guy that has a drone and is a pilot........FUN!! :rolleyes:

Just added this to the "to do list"

Thx jbcurt00 for edit, much better. I like it, can watch both at same time even.......One for each eye ;)

Last edited:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I laugh every time I see or hear about the need to cast to Europe to catch fish in the surf.

Hint.... 95% of the time the fish are at your feet. If not, they are within 100 yards. If not there, you need a boat....lol.

sam am I

Commander
Probably true, not sure, not a salty. I do recall Dad saying the Corbina would feed and be in the breakers. Those tuna were out pretty far though and you're right, need boat BUT.......Gotta admit, they caught some nice tuna less the boat.

sam am I

Commander
Last edited:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I was thinking more about the freshwater side of things. :fish2:

I found the link below about prohibited methods of taking freshwater fish. I've seen some videos where folks used a drone with a hook and worm to catch bluegill, which isn't legal because it's a "free-floating" or "unattached device." And I've also seen them using an RC boat as well. I haven't found the saltwater reg.

Since the drone in the videos is essentially a bait delivery device and doesn't actually catch the fish, it may be legit. I dunno. :noidea: I just know that I won't be the test case guy. :lol:

http://myfwc.com/fishing/freshwater/regulations/taking-fish/
[h=3]
Methods of taking freshwater fish
Game fish may only be taken with pole and line or rod and reel. There is no limit on the number of rods an angler may use.[/h] Freshwater fish may not be taken by use of any free-floating, unattached device, or by taking of fish or wildlife with firearms, explosives, electricity, spear gun, poison or other chemicals.

MRS

Commander
No offense but the highest high tech stuff we should be allowed to use is the Fish finder (sonar).
I think we are over the top with all the gadgets. Means so much more when you can figure out how to catch them with your brain at least to me but hey that is just me. By the way cool video thou....

sam am I

Commander
I was thinking more about the freshwater side of things. :fish2:

I found the link below about prohibited methods of taking freshwater fish. I've seen some videos where folks used a drone with a hook and worm to catch bluegill, which isn't legal because it's a "free-floating" or "unattached device." And I've also seen them using an RC boat as well. I haven't found the saltwater reg.

Since the drone in the videos is essentially a bait delivery device and doesn't actually catch the fish, it may be legit. I dunno. :noidea: I just know that I won't be the test case guy. :lol:

http://myfwc.com/fishing/freshwater/...s/taking-fish/
[h=3]

Yeah I think it's how the fish is actually bought in and not necessary how the bait/hook might be delivered to the water.

Seen sling shot, bow and arrow, air cannons and the like type delivery ideas over the years that were all legal ways of getting the bait in the water, a drone is just another but more or less the same difference.

Last edited:

sam am I

Commander
No offense but the highest high tech stuff we should be allowed to use is the Fish finder (sonar).
I think we are over the top with all the gadgets. Means so much more when you can figure out how to catch them with your brain at least to me but hey that is just me. By the way cool video thou....

None taken....It seems to have taken a little something away, agreed. But, I'll bet when the first fish sonar/flashers (pre-fish finder) were introduced, folks said the same things about those, just sayn.

I definitely enjoy casting crankbaits for small mouth bass and a fly rod in a river for trout, those will never leave my fun list......

Last edited:

MRS

Commander
I work in the High tech field and totally agree with you. For me the world is just moving to fast now a days if I catch them good if I don't good to. :fish2: