Gulf Coast Fishing Tourney

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Just curious? Any members sign up for the Gulf Coast Fishing Tourney? Know any winners? It ends Labor Day. It is good for the waters of the Gulf Coast only.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Are you talking about the CCA Texas State of Texas Anglers? Rodeo that began Memorial day weekend and finishes on Labor Day.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
How are you doing? There are still 8 tagged redfish swimming around to claim a big prize.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Haven't scored yet; but will keep trying. The Admiral lets me know when I can go.Cost $250 per person; (15-25). Boat leaves Friday afternoon ;returns Sunday night.
You can take your own gearand cooler; but drinks are avaiable. Tackle and bait is furnished; sleeping bunks are ok free mini breakfast; meals come from the galley
(reasonably priced) You meet all kinds of people: some are big wheels; some are blue collar; others are retired; others just to get away. Always have HD Poker game or other.. Rules are simple: No guns; no drugs; no fighting; no drunks. CG will be called. Have never had a bad trip (people) Last trip weather was fair;bunch of fish caught; no winner.
GA; I'm guessing this is open to anyone on the Gulf Coast. I have met people from all over. Also don't know if they release 60 every year?