Make LED light for dock fishing

daveydoodle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What is best water tite seal for the polycarbonate 1 ft tube with leds in it. there are videos on how to but differing opinions on 4200 , boat life, e2000, e6000 . Im using the tube with pvc caps and the gland fitting. forgot plain old marine silicone too. Don't expect it to last forever but my 1 mo. trip to keys where I have a dock on gulf side.Thanks Oh this is 12v stuff.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Davey there are lots of ways to waterproof such a LED light. It really all depends on how expensive you want to go. Most any silicone sealants should work. But if you are wanting it sealed forever water tight, they make glues that fuse the materials to each other. The only way you could get into the fixture then is to cut it open. Weld On glues offer a lot of different types if you care to look at their offerings. JMHO!

daveydoodle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks gm , I have some marine silicone, try in the tub before my trip . thinking not perm. in case light striing go out mid trip. don't want to melt the the gasket on the wire gland either. Getting excited about this technique to draw em in. Opting for the so called water proof leds too, about 4 buck more, worth it meyby more durable too. These outfits are very costly for the pro ones. Im not cheap just practical, can be used here in Mi. too for crappe fishin. blue and green seem to be the salt colors. Davey.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Buy a waterproof RGB led light strip on Amazon for $20 with the remote

daveydoodle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
scott , is that the one with color change selecting control pad? Why do you recommend that one?? There are many different ones from mfgs.. and Ive never built one so please pro and cons. Davey.