Which baitcaster?

Ffclaws

Cadet
I want a baitcaster to spool with mono for topwater, buzz baits, etc. I can get one of these three reels for within $10 difference.
Skeet Reese victory
Pinnacle Matrix MXS100 (from ****'s)
Daiwa Laguna
Which have you used and would recommend?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Picking reels for others is a very hard thing to do. For starters, nobody knows your ability with bait caster reels and therefore it becomes hard to state which would be the better for you. If your familiar with using bait caster reels, then pick the one YOU like the best and get use to how it functions. If your not familiar with bait caster reels, then maybe buy a used cheap one and learn before buying something with more or different options. Bait caster reels work a little different from open face and reels like Zebco 33's. But once learned they are very nice to use. I actually researched and looked at all three models you specified and honestly, you can't really go wrong with either one of them... All three have basically the same 7:1 retrieve ratios, ball bearings are near equal as well with Sheet Reese Victory having the most with 7. All are about the same weight and that leads to less fatigue, and all have magnetic drag capabilities as well. So I see it as a mere coin toss. And all three have lots of thumbs up for likes too. I guess pick the one that looks the best to YOU! GO fish it! JMHO!

bassman284

Commander
As said, all of the above are good reels. What you don't say is how much experience you have with baitcasters. Do you already have baitcasters? If you're just starting, I'd go with what gm280 says and start cheap. There are a number of good performing baitcasters well under a 100 bucks. I have a couple of Quantum Accurist reels that cost about 70 bucks and have served me well for 10 years or so. I had a Shimano Curado bantam that i loved until I wore it out and now have a Shimano Cruxis which is a great low cost reel.

All that said, I also love throwing buzz baits but I really hate throwing them with baitcasters. I only throw them with spinning reels . The buzz sinks like a rock as soon as it hits the water and it's hard to pick it up fast enough with the baitcaster, IMO. Your mileage may vary. Floating topwaters can work OK with a baitcaster but I always use spinners with any topwater. But, that's just me.