Winter Fishing

Need to go Fish

Recruit
Hello All, I am planning to do some fresh water this winter in January. Walleye and Bass. I want to stay in a lodge and guide my self smaller lakes 300-1000 acres. Any suggestions?

blackhawk180

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Winter Fishing

Can't even think about winter now. 92 out and the summer run of sockeyes and kings are in. How on earth are you able to plan for ice fishing now? (even though it's probably the best time of year to book reservations).

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Depending on where you are you will need a ice auger or some serious insulated waders.

foodfisher

Captain

Hint: Fill out your profile as far as location. You're in Canada, so southern states could range from Maine to Florida, Washington to California, Minnesota/Edit Western Wisconsin to Texas. Details would probably get you an abundance of replies.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Whaaaaa? Heck, I think the ground just thawed out last week........ :faint2:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

I've never seen there. But have heard the Branson Missouri area is good fishing in the winter,...With other stuff to do if you want,...

And it's close to Table Rock Lake,......

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Dale Hollow lake in Tenn. ... but it's slightly bigger than 1000 acres.

ThrottleBack

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've never seen there. But have heard the Branson Missouri area is good fishing in the winter,...With other stuff to do if you want,...

And it's close to Table Rock Lake,......

Table Rock Lake is ALWAYS a good time. I would highly recommend it. Heck the majority of our state fish records have TABLE ROCK LAKE next to them in the records.