music and fishing?

mpsyamaha

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: music and fishing?

The only time i play music while fishing is when im trolling, just because trolling can be kind of boring, and the motor is running anyways. Call me crazy, but it seems like I get more hits with the music on!

If fishing while anchored up, drifting, or any situation where the outboard isnt running, i prefer the peace and quiet. I like to hear if some bait is getting busted 100ft away, or the sound of a tarpon rolling to gulp air, etc.

Wind dog

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had an opportunity to go Albacore fishing out of Monterey one time, we were trolling. Listening to Ac/Dc & the like, fishing was fast and furious, until the radio stopped working, after that couldn't buy a bite.

I have found that LM Bass are partial to Alison Kraus & Union Station. ;-)

Sportaboater

Banned

I'm gonna try the music I havent caught anything yet in my boat. Maybe some good ol rock will help.

Sporty

Javelin JD

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Here's my thoughts on the subject. Mostly I think that the people telling you no music, no sound is stemmed from what we were told growing up when we went fishing with our parents, grand parents or some other older person. Really what they wanted was the peace and quiet and the enjoy the serenity of being on the water, by the water at one with nature. I tend to follow that routine as well. I further think that the lakes are inundated with boaters, fishermen and women that the fish are used to the noise, besides trolling motors, outboards, inboards, talking, stomping, dropping all this things make noise can may affect how the fish react or not react. I think it comes down to what you want. As far as not having fish in the boat yet, it'll come. maybe you can hone your skill and work on your presentations with may help.

ThrottleBack

Petty Officer 1st Class

I tend to silence my phone and just enjoy nature and I have two reasons for this:

1) My wife is pretty much always with me (damn her) and she swears on life itself that any noise from the boat is why shes not catching fish (lmfao)

2) You can never really know just how far your voice, music, etc is traveling across the water, especially here on lakes. I know when I'm on the lake and the boat I can't even see is blasting some crap music I don't want to hear it drives me insane. I never want to be that guy

Marsh85R

Recruit

Silence appreciated when I'm with my beloved girlfriend but I'd love to listen good music when with my buddies.

I still wonder if the fish like Classic rock or do they like Hip Hop and Rap? I hope its not the later cause I aint playin that?

:eek: :confused: :D :laugh: