Nice cat!

spyder9179

Seaman Apprentice
Can't take credit for this one, but my brother-in-law and I fished in a little catfish tournament this weekend (not really a tournament, just some guys from his work that got together and had a little private tourney), and one of the guys caught this 76lb-er.

Catfish 001.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pic, but I took it in a hurry when they were moving it from the water to the cooler.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Nice cat!

Looks like somebody is going to have a huge fish fry...

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Very nice kitty. I wouldn't mind finding some decent size cats around here. Wouldn't need to be quite that big. Still would be fine with me............ Being up north I was thinking more in the 5 - 20# range.......

spyder9179

Seaman Apprentice

Looks like somebody is going to have a huge fish fry...

We did, but not with this one. They released him.

We fried up the approximately 100 other cat everybody caught, including a 25 pounder. The rest were all between 2 and 5 pounds.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

We did, but not with this one. They released him.

We fried up the approximately 100 other cat everybody caught, including a 25 pounder. The rest were all between 2 and 5 pounds.

Probably not a bad idea to releace that huge one. I don't know about cats, but a lot of other fish get really bad tasting when the get too big... But neat catch still...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Shazam!! I couldn't even lift that monster.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

How old do you think a 76 pound fish is?
I know up here in Michigan some of the Lake Trout swimming in Lake Superior are quite old, and quite full of chemicals. They suggest not to eat any of them that are XX lbs. We throw the walleye over 5 lbs back too. They tend to be kinda nasty compared to the 15-20 inchers. They are good for reproducing, so back they go.