Luhr Jensen Downrigger Parts?

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a pair of Luhr Jensen downriggers, and need a couple of pieces. First I need one line counter wheel, and I'm goind to need at least one base. I've looked online for them and it appears that they don't make them anymore. I'm pretty handy and if need be will fabricate something to work. Being cut down to 32hr weeks at work I'm finding myself with a lot more time than money these days, so I'd like to use these instead of buying another pair.

I have these two, and a pair of riveria's that I have to fabricate longer booms for. If I can get the four of them working I'll be golden.

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Re: Luhr Jensen Downrigger Parts?

I have one of those- don't know where to get parts except by buying used stuff off ebay or CL. Did you try emailing Luhr-Jensen and asking about parts?

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well I've been to their web page, and if you click on the contact us link, it says coming soon. I'll have to see if I can dig up a phone number for them.

bravetom

Recruit

LUHR JENSEN stopped making these in the 1970's. I purchased repair parts for my 8 riggers in 2001 from Luhr. I tried three years ago to buy more and found they have depleted there supply. Try Craigs list in Michigan like Detroit and Garnd Rapids areas. These rigger do pop up from time to time.

Tom

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

This thread is a year old but...

The counters are fairly generic- you can get them from a few sources. One place which *may* have wheels for counter is Industrial Safety - I would phone them and make an inquiry. They may be able to supply one of the correct size or direct you to a jobber who can help. Or see if a BigJon is the same size.

Other info is here