gasoline motors prohibited

splitshot

Petty Officer 1st Class
i am going to bear lake tomorrow (north west florida) and the site said gasoline motors are prohibited does this mean you cant even have them on the boat at all...or you just cant start them ?? not really wanting to pull my 140 off of my boat just for a day of fishing but i also want to use my fish finder ?? called the phone number on the website it has been disconnected any ideas ??

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: gasoline motors prohibited

this may help you bear lake state forest email archert@doacs.state.fl.us <archert@doacs.state.fl.us> or contact the state forestry service

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission

Blackwater Fisheries Research and Development Center

8384 Fish Hatchery Road

Holt, FL 32564

(850) 957-6175

FLATHEAD

Commander

This may not be much help but I'll throw it out there anyway. Around here on most gasoline motor prohibited lakes you cant even have a gas motor on the boat. On HP restricted lakes you can have a bigger motor as long as it is not used.

splitshot

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks everyone i talked with a guy last night on the internet and he said you could have them there as long as they were trimmed up i tried that number twice it said disconnected but i didnt try the e-mail thanks again for the info

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer

This may not be much help but I'll throw it out there anyway. Around here on most gasoline motor prohibited lakes you cant even have a gas motor on the boat. On HP restricted lakes you can have a bigger motor as long as it is not used.

I was out today at a electric only reservoir and had a good time. :cool: I have an 85 Rude hooked up, and talked to the DCNR on the way in. He just checked me for PFD's and my sticker. I also made a special initiative to call ahead and check with the officials. They told me it didn't matter if you had it hooked up, it just can't be running. At least in PA.

My $.02

mpsyamaha

Petty Officer 1st Class

i used to fish a no motor lake in orlando called turkey lake. they let small boats with gas motors on the lake, you just couldnt use them.

millwood

Cadet

I fish several laks around my area that are No Gas Motors. Use can have them on your boat, and when I talked to DNR they even said it was ok to have them in the water, but you had better not fire them up. My grand parents used to run a boat delivery on one of the lakes and there was a guy who owned property on the lake and he insisted on running his large bass boat open throttle. Every time the DNR came out and issued him a citation. Eventually he sold the property and moved onto a new lake.

gonefishie

Commander

Around here, you can have them and even use them to get on/off the trailer. It's probably impossible to get on the trailer with a TM. I don't know, I've never tried it. As long as you don't run around with it, they won't bother you. If your TM quit and you need to get back to the dock, don't be affraid to fire up the big motor.

woosterken

Lieutenant

hey ,here in Ohio the DNR said on restrickted lakes as long as you DON'T fire up the big motor your fine.

woosterken