SouthCentral PA Region

nrf414

Chief Petty Officer
Does anyone here fish in this region? I am looking for some new lakes and streams to fish for anything that will bite. I have grown up here most my life and live very close to an extremely productive free-stone trout stream. I want to explore more of my options.

Opossum lake? Birch Run Reservior = State Record Largemouth. I hope to fish this a lot this year. Next weekend I will have my MotorGuide trolling motor up and running. Letterkenny Reservoir?

We have a lot of drinking water reservoirs that I haven't fished yet. Have you?

PAkev

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: SouthCentral PA Region

Raystown?
I've heard of a good striper bite after ice out just when the water steps above 40 degrees.

Blue Marsh?
Everything and anything you want to fish for.

PA fish & boat commission website has a good statewide county by county listing of water including its fish species.

1Scallywag

Cadet
Re: SouthCentral PA Region

I fish Raystown. Good early spring and fall. To much boat traffic once the water warms up. You have to get out early and you can fish until the first jet ski buzzes you. It's a hard lake to fish because of the depth of the water and because of how much bait is in the lake. When you do finally hook up with a striper, it all worth it!!!! Kevin