servicing shimano stradic 1000fh

skimmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Has anyone pulled one of these apart I started last night, looks like a pain in the @#*$. Any does or don'ts or don't do at alls would be appreciated.

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: servicing shimano stradic 1000fh

My stradics have held up very well, and haven't had the need to tear into them. I do have the schematic in PDF if you don't have one. Let me know, and will post it this evening.

I am curious to what issue you are having, or maybe just a cleaning/relube work. In the last few years, Shimanos have been holding up very well, but been having problems with Diawa and a Penn.

skimmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah just a relube john, its a fantastic little reel haven't had a problem with it, i've had it for 18 months and its had a lot of use, plenty of oil but no grease and just wanted to touch it up, the old girl threw out the box with assembly diagrams so schematics would be great thanks mate?

John_S

Rear Admiral

Matt,

If the file is large, I would prefer to email vs store on my website. Please PM me with your email address, just in case.

skimmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Downloaded thanks john, I apologise, I'm in Australia, (opposite time frame) so I missed your post to pm email ! Thanks again for your help