Auto pilot

8x56mn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
OK I have what is probably a dumb question, but here it is. I'm fishing alone dragging two downriggers and a meat rod and perhaps a dippy. I'm cruising along at 2 mph and I'm all alone. I get a hit on one of my downriggers and I have to leave the helm to deal with the fish and other poles. My question is how can I be at two places at once, I'm sure some of you have been there. I plan to use a bungee to keep the wheel from turning, but does anybody have a better solution, besides getting a fishing buddy.

heycods

Captain
Re: Auto pilot

Getting a fishing bud would be best, but I would shut things down to tend to the hit. Ever think about the motor mounted troling motors and a rear foot controll switch?

gonefishie

Commander

what heycods said.<br /><br />check these out, would works great for ya.<br /> minnkotamotors.com/products/motors/engine_mount/engine_mount.asp<br /><br />edited forbidden link to make it a referral.

8x56mn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No, boats two high, and no place to mount one anyway. Problem with shutting down is everything will tangle, you have to get the other poles and lines in.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Is it legal for one fisherman to be using so many rigs at once in NY??<br /><br />Reduce your activity to what you can manage, legally.

8x56mn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes you're correct , two rods fifteen points, same issue.