New Personal Record

gonfishn

Commander
Although I had to create a new division for this little warrior..This small gator hit my Killer Mepps which was about the same size. Just under seven inches she went..To think that if left alone it could attain a 50inch mark and over 45lbs plus...I could lie here a little and say I have very very large hands... :D <br />
littlemusky.jpg

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New Personal Record

Yeee-Haw!!<br /><br />She's a beauty, Gonfishn. :) <br /><br />Never caught one that small on the musky rig, but have caught a few like her on my very light panfish rig using #3 Mepps Black Fury. What spectacular fighters those babies are.

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Nice catch gonfishn. We hear the stories of the big ones and only see the pictures of the little ones. Kind of makes you wonder.

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

never knew they made them that small

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I did similar, but using a 1.5 inch spinner.<br />I'm suprised we don't catch more in the 8 to 18 inch range.

aspeck

Staff member

AAAWWWWWWW, its a baby warrior. Just imagine all the fun that gator will be when he reaches full warrior status! Be gentle on the little guy now and he will give you lots of fun later!

gonfishn

Commander

The little guy hit it as soon as the mepps hit the water..pure instinct on its part rather than wanting it for a dinner..only had one treb in mouth when I brought it in..I was just amazed that it would hit such a large lure. She didn't have a chance with my 30lb. Power Pro line.. :D I normally don't have a camera in boat but was taken some fall foliage pics..Just wanted to share a little with you fellow Musky hunters..

FLATHEAD

Commander

The way my last to trips to the lake have turned out I would be glad to pick up one that size :D <br />I take it that the fish pictured is about the <br />size they will get after one summer?? <br />Never seen one so small.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Aggressive little critter aint he! 30lb kinda seems like overkill though :D

NOSLEEP

Commander

Thats a fine looking muskie.<br />watch out for the Y bones. :D

FLATHEAD

Commander

Nope ebb that is no tiger. This is a little tiger, unfortunately this little guy got a treble in his gill plate and tore it up (Red spot) and then managed to wrap around the trollin motor and he didn't make it. :( He was about dead in the photo. But you can see the nice coloration and those famous teeth.<br />
fishin_012.jpg