Wedding Ring Lures (Spinners) Catch ALL

Link

Rear Admiral
Has anyone else out there had the same experience as me and my fishing partner? With a WR and a piece of worm there isnt a fresh water fish we havent caught with that setup. I think its because its so light and will spin no matter how slow you are reeling or trolling it still flashes. We dont always use worms :) <br />And for land lock salman we use a rubber snubber because of their soft mouth. <br />BullHeads even go for them... as do croppie<br />Here is kind of a bad picture if you are not sure what Im talking about<br /> http://gofishin.com/?cart_id=979497..._details=17986&cat=&keywords=wedding ring&sw= <br /><br />Link

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Wedding Ring Lures (Spinners) Catch ALL

Use that set up often for panfish. Can be loads of fun!

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I dont know if there is a diffrence between a wedding ring spinner and just a spinner but spinners are very common here. You can buy them premade or you can buy the parts and make your own. There are proabably 10 diffrent style blades in endless colors and any color of beads you want for endless combinations. fish them with any bait you want.

NOSLEEP

Commander

yes, very popular here for kokanee and rainbow.

mountainboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

The last couple times that I've been out fishing for rainbows and kokanee the wedding ring and kokanee killer lures have been fantastic!! I've been tipping them with rainbow glitter power bait. I troll and suddenly POW! Loads of fun! :cool:

ratherbefishin

Petty Officer 1st Class

yup- that's all I use in the fall- a wedding band.They do come in a variety of sizes and colours-pink beads, red beads, chartreuse, and some work better than others, don't know why.Sometimes the fish strike short- and I switch to a smaller hook and just tip it with a bit of worm.<br /> The thing I like is they are very adaptable to light tackle-I see guys dragging around gang trolls,and heavy gear-I catch more fish on just a wedding band trolled right on top, and it's more fun, too.<br /> Another tip- I use a heavy barrel swivel[from my salmon trolling gear] 3' up the line, it works as a weight, plus a much more efficient swivel than the light trout gear swivels. That's all the weight I use, just enough to take it below the surface.

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey thanks for the replies. Been away for awhile hunting/fishing and now have to get my IBOAT FIX!<br /><br />Confirms what we thought. I took some kids out a couple months ago who love to fish even if they had never caught one! <br /><br />This should be a SIN! But they all had thier own poles and loved to go with mom and dad & Granny but had never actually caught a fish!<br /><br />NO ADULT should ever put a line in the water before the kids have all caught a fish or two!<br /><br />Anyway I took them to a small bass lake and put the electric down and set them all up with wedding rings and a bit of worm..then trolled in front of the lilly pads! In 30 minutes they had all caught 2-3 little bitzy bass... the kids didnt care if the fish were only 6 inches long or not! They had a blast! The week before my partner trolling for trout in the same lake caught a 4 pound bass on the same set up!<br /><br />The kids also learned about catch and release.. but that was a bit of a fight.. the kids didnt want to let thier first fish go.. wanted to show mom and dad! So I told them that the next day we would go to another lake and catch bigger fish to take home.. Next Day... Ever see a 8 year old kid reel in a 18" Rainbow Trout?? hehe Then his two older brothers bring in a 12" and 14" trout! They thought they were in Heaven! <br /><br />Link