Question for JB or Roscoe

gonfishn

Commander
Water temps now about mid 50s here..The Muskys had been feeding on the flats on shad..Finder is showing them now in deeper water..Always lookn for new Techniques and was wondering if you had any thoughts..Slow troll with some divers or firetigers are my first guess..any other suggestions..they are suspended now at 15 to 20 feet..Thanks

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Question for JB or Roscoe

I agree. Slow troll with big divers, but I would use a silver or silver/blue.<br /><br />Bagley DB-5 or DB-8, Rapala CD-18 Mag.<br /><br />Good luck and put those big mommas back to make more big mommas. :)

gonfishn

Commander

Always do JB..A picture is all I need..thanks..If I get one bigger than my personal best..I'll take a scale and pop a pic..

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I was out on Saturday, Holcombe Flowage, WI, medium brown water.<br />I was slow trolling most of the day. Going from 20-25 feet, till the boat was in about 8 feet of water. <br />Using large suspending Magnum Rapalas in silver, a big Mepps bucktail-black w/gold blade, and a couple home made inline spinners. <br />The problem I had was keeping the northern off my hooks. I actually caught some on every lure I used except the "ernie/burt" lure which I have never had luck with, boating 4 from 27-35 inches, and keeping one 24 incher for dinner on Sunday. It was a very good day. But no Musky :( <br /><br />But they have definitely moved out to deeper water and are actively feeding according to all the locals. A guy from work has been doing well the last few weeks, using PINK lures, painted Rapalas, and BIG plastics. Go figure.<br /><br />I have been trying new waters this year, because most of the lakes I usually fish are very low. One about 35 miles south of me is 11 feet low, and another to the NE is 5 feet low.