Shimano

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Who's got the best on-line prices on Shimano reels? Mainly interested in the calcutta series.

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Shimano

reels. the one thing i will go to ebay for! i like the shimano baitrunner, you can expect to pay $109.95 for a baitrunner at a tackle shop. you can get em for about $75 on ebay. you can find the calcutta on ebay as well. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do so with caution, DHadley.<br /><br />I am a Garcia user and have bought several Pro-Max and Morrums on Ebay.<br /><br />Three out of four used reels needed repair of some sort, or were "S" series misrepresented as Pro Max.<br /><br />The new ones were fine and at about 60% of MSRP.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Thanks guys, I've looked on e-bay and didnt see the particuliar model I want. I did see some "other" Shimano's that were listed and the picture certianly wasnt a Shimano!<br /><br />I'd just prefer to find somebody on line (perhaps an iboats member) who is in business to sell the Shimano product. The local guys dont have much ging for them in the way of service. <br /><br />The search continues!