color chart for rubber worms

Allen Henry

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I don't know if I'm recalling this right or not, but it seem like I recall as a kid that there were color charts for the rubber worms or baits, which would advise which color would work best in relation to the color of the water or temperature. Does this ring anyone's bell. If so are they still available or was there ever such a thing. I don't recall having seen anything like this lately. <br /><br />Trp251 :confused:

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: color chart for rubber worms

I bought a "color selector" from Bass Pro in the late 80s. It was a battery powered color guage that had a cable and a sensor that you could reel off and drop to any specific depth and get a reading that would indicate the color that was best for that depth. It actually detected the penetration of light in the water and told you what particular color was most visible. I've still got it somewhere up at the lake but haven't used it in years.<br /><br />¿Sound like what you had in mind?

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Looked for an hour on the web to see if i could find something....I could not.<br /><br />Maby if you had a product name from one of the other members of this fourm you might be able to find one by doing your own search...without a name i could not find anything....sorry.<br /><br />It has been told to me over the years that dark colors for dark or dirty water and light colors for light or clear water is a genaral guide but i also have proven that wroung lots of times....It's a place to start though.<br /><br />Derwood.

Allen Henry

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the reply guys.<br /><br />Warhorse, it's been a long time ago and I can't remember just how it worked, but that does sound familiar. <br /><br />Derwood, your advise sounds reasonable, I have not heard that before. I would have figured just the opposite. Light worm/dark water etc... But like you, I have had good luck eitherway. <br /><br />It just crossed my mind the other day when I was fishing and trying to find the best color. I would be interested in one if I could find it though. I'll try the bass pro web site. :D <br /><br />Thanks again,<br />Trp251

Allen Henry

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Warhorse,<br /><br />I couldn't find anything on the bass pro site. do you know the brand name of your. If so, I'll try a search on E-bay.<br /><br />Trp251

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry about that trooper,<br /><br />I could have saved you the time searchen bass pro.<br /><br />That was the first place i looked after i read where warhorse got his.<br /><br />I tried 4 or 5 diffrent combos for my search words and had no luck.<br /><br />Mabey warhorse will remember the brand name.<br /><br />good luck.<br /><br />Derwood.

sandy

Seaman Apprentice

What you guys are looking for is called a ComboClector, made by Lake Systems, located in Mt. Vernon, MO. Phone 417/466-7136. I have one and I'm getting this info from the owners manual. I bought it in 84', used it awhile, and was not overly impressed. It reads: color to be used, ph, and temp. at depth (up to 50'). The ph reading was the best thing it offered. I've been Bass fishing for many years and I stick to the basics, dark colored baits (green, blue, red)for dark water, light colored baits (shad, white, chart., etc..)for clear to semi-stain water. I believe most off-the-wall colors are for marketing and fishermen, not the fish. Hope I helped a little. Thanks

Legend188

Cadet

I have one to...im not impressed with it at all...some guy made a few bucks on that one and the only fish it caught were us...suckers...lol<br /><br />dont buy it, save ur money.

crab bait

Captain

i'm with SANDY.. but i do havta say that the 'bubble gum' trick worm by ZOOM.. is my go-to bait..!! <br /><br />let it slowly sink & just barely twitch-it.. does some CRRRRRAZZZY motions..<br /><br />do havta say that i never catch the biggins on it... must be only the juviniles like 'bubble gum '...

Allen Henry

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys,<br /><br />Looks like I will save some money and time as well, thanks to ya'll. There's no need in searching for something that won't work, and I've had good luck for many years without this gadget. I do appriciate all of your time and effort on the subject as-well-as your replies. LOTS OF GOOD ADVISE! :D <br /><br />Thanks again,<br />Trp251

crab bait

Captain

but there is somethin' i saw .. it read PH & OXYGEN content.. i betcha that mite be a<br />worth while gadget...

sloopy

Commander

is it just me or does a roll of PH paper cost 99 cents? green worms work for me... green worms work for me... (intro) Green worms are the best!! (ending) !

Allen Henry

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just a guess, but I think green worms must work for SLOOPY. :p <br /><br />TRP251

sloopy

Commander

I love green worms :) <br />
saturn4.jpg
<br /><br />
finesse6.gif
<br /><br />I like using these colors! fish love them! <br /><br />
cover1.gif
<br /><br />But GREEN is still the best... :)