What Charger?

BigMike

Recruit
I noticed in one of the other posts that someone mentioned that Deep Cycle batteries need a Deep Cycle charger. How important is this and what does a Deep Cycle Charger run?<br /><br />------------------<br />Lately it occurs to me<br />What a long strange trip it's been...

RTDcanuck

Seaman Apprentice
Re: What Charger?

It's not really a deep cycle charger from my under standing it's just a low trickle charger like 2or3 amp charger generaly runs about $60-120cdn.
smile.gif
Best of luck I'm just getting into this trolling motor, battery, charger thing to so I've been doing a lot of research. <br /><br />------------------<br />------------------------<br />Canuck's my name fishings my game!!

NotoriusPIG

Cadet
Re: What Charger?

Most battery chargers have a switch to change from deep cycle to cranking batteries. Use the correct setting charge it on 2 amp and whenever possible run the battery completely dead before recharging. Tis will increase the life span of your battery. If you're like me you will probably figure none of that matters very much until you find yourself replacing a battery before it's gotten you through even 1 season.