What is the best spincast reel under $50 ?

colding01

Seaman Apprentice
Re: What is the best spincast reel under $50 ?

Forget those two... The single best spincast reel ever made is the Zebco Omega. They come in 2 sizes, one spooled with 4 lb. test and a larger one spooled with 10 lb. They are the smoothest, most durable spincasts I have ever used and cast better than all the others I have used, and I have used a lot in my lifetime.

Sevcrist

Seaman Apprentice

I'll second the Zebco Omega. I bought one for my mother and the quality etc. of the reel is far better than any other spincast reel out there.

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the input.I’ve used a lot of Zebco 33’s in the past, haven’t used the Omega yet.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

When I used spincast I had my best performance from Zebco 33s and Zebco One. Haven't used an Omega, but I trust Zebco.

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the link, Sevcrist :) <br /><br />"The Zebco Omega is the only spincast reel to feature 6 stainless steel ball bearings".<br /><br />Sounds good to me. :)

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer

No question the omega is the best real for the money and better than my $200 reel.

rayjay

Petty Officer 1st Class

That Omega sounds good. I have several of the Daiwa Goldcast III's. They make a GC80, GC100, GC120. Intended for 8, 10, & 12 lb line respectively. Oscilating spool, rotating sleeve on the pick up pin. Pretty good drag system. Definitely don't have 6 brgs :p One of the best Spincast reels going for sure. The only real negative is the ratchet pawl anti-reverse. Click click click click ................

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks everyone for your input :) . I think the Zebco Omega is the one I’ll buy.<br />Any suggestions on where’s the cheapest place to buy one? :rolleyes: <br />Looks like around $49. is the going price.

colding01

Seaman Apprentice

Yea, BassPro has it for $50. I got the smaller one. It comes with an extra spool that I keep 4 lb. on for crappie fishing. I took the 6 lb. off that came with the reel (it seemed a little weak), and spooled it up with some Trilene Xtra Tough 6 lb. test. Works wonderfully! I've had it for about 6 months and some lots of heavy fishing done on it. I haven't had to clean it yet!

rayjay

Petty Officer 1st Class

Tonight I bought one of the smaller Omega's. Looks pretty good. I put it on a light action rod to use trolling for trout on the hooch. We use ultra lights for casting for trout. <br /><br />Pretty funny, $50 reel on a $12 crappie rod :D

JAG59

Seaman Apprentice

Spincast? Aren't they all under $50?

colding01

Seaman Apprentice

Yea, they are all pretty much under $50. Most are under $30 including a rod.