Buoy 10 anybody? Capn Mike??

oregonducker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just wondering if any northwesterners have been out to buoy ten on the Columbia this week. Planning to go Saturday but if the fish aren't in yet I might not make the drive.

Capn Mike

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Buoy 10 anybody? Capn Mike??

see my post in WD40...they're heeeerrrrreeee!

woodrat

Ensign

I was out there today, started at the bridge in the am and trolled down to about bouy 12 or so (10 looked really crowded).<br /><br />We got two on at once around 11:00 am or so, and only managed to boat one. Mine took off like a shot when I got it near the boat and crossed my brother's pole where he was fighting a larger fish (13# cleaned). When my pole hit my brother's bent pole and shattered it, and gave my fish enough leverage to bend my swivel straight. But we did get his in the boat anyway, and he had a second rod so we kept fishing for awahile, and had a couple of taps, but no more action except the trolling motor conking out around 1:30.

Capn Mike

Chief Petty Officer

Woodrat, what were you using? Don't have my tide table in front of me, but I think you were on an incoming tide by then?

woodrat

Ensign

Was trolling with divers, a fish flash and a mooched whole herring, as slow as possible, at about 30-40 pulls out. Started on the last of the ebb and then worked back on the incoming tide. went out again today and lost one chinook and boated one coho (and the obligatory starry flounder as well). weather was a bit nastier today, lots of spray and swells and not so dry conditions. saw alot more fish caught today.

Capn Mike

Chief Petty Officer

They're up here (above I-5 bridge) now....caught a 34 lb Friday, and a 19 lb Sunday, both brights. Both above I205 bridge. Lots of tulles headed for the Sandy River, smaller, about 20 lbs; I was lucky, I guess, since there were a lot of those caught as well.<br />Used half & half Alvins, doctored up with tape and WD40. <br />We can only keep one fish, but 34 lbs of salmon seems to go a long way.....traded half of the 19 for some fresh tuna....does life get any better than that??!!!