Nobody fishing?

Outlw36

Seaman Apprentice
Had a better result this past weekend. Everything like it's supposed to. Was pretty windy but 8hp Mercury kicker was able to maintain trolling speed and steering control. Works way easier than the 110 I was using previously. Took home 4 nice Rainbow. 14 1/2, 15, 15/2 , and 171/2 inch.

Attachments

• photo333894.jpg
    photo333894.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sounds like last weekend you took Murphy with you. You should know to leave Murphy home by now. And you really have to watch for him. He will sneak in the boat as you leave home before you know it. :nono:

So that is what fish look like. :noidea: I was wondering what everyone was calling fish, it's been so long. :confused:

Nice looking creel. :thumb:

MRS

Commander
Outlw, Sweet glad you made up from the last trip! Nothing better than a fresh trout dinner.:clap2:

MRS

Commander
Made it back out again found them in the same channel and did real good. usually do not keep this many but going to try aspecks smoking recipe out on most of these. Wife cooking up some fillets as I type this now :D hope the rest of you are getting out and getting some fish.

fetch

Attachments

• photo336376.jpg
    photo336376.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 6

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Made it back out again found them in the same channel and did real good. usually do not keep this many but going to try aspecks smoking recipe out on most of these. Wife cooking up some fillets as I type this now :D hope the rest of you are getting out and getting some fish.

fetch

WOW, I can only imagine how much fun that was. Nice haul...

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

fetch

Awesome! :eagerness:

I can't tell from the pic. Are those stripers or wipers?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Current Offerings

The White Marlin Open starts next Monday

Attachments

• photo336409.jpg
    photo336409.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 4

MRS

Commander
BWR stripers tons of small ones so they need to catch and keep I am trying my best :joyous:.Use to get them up to 40' but not any more not me but that is how big they would catch out of here. Biggest I have seen have been 20 plus recently. I have been fishing this lake since they built it in the 70's.

MRS

Commander
Current Offerings

The White Marlin Open starts next Monday

Nice fresh tuna keep sending those photos love them. Use to fish the ocean many years back but live in the desert now so have not been there for many years now. Miss the ocean use to surf and fish when I was way young than now.

briangcc

Commander
Well my family vacation/fishing trip was last week...

Launched the boat on Saturday evening in mild conditions. Woke up to white caps and the boat bobbing about 2' up/down in the waves. Said nope....and that continued for a majority of the trip. Finally said the heck with it let's try with the kiddos on Wednesday. Dock was moving a good 1'-1.5' every time the boats moved. Said nope and turned back. Finally stepped foot on my boat Friday morning...no joke.

Got out to our first fishing spot and went to grab (1) of the (6) poles I brought....got all (6) when I did that. Couldn't untangle them so I ended up cutting them apart and having to restring them all the while fish were jumping around me. Got the first worm cut, on, and both kiddos fishing. Got weeds only. Then oldest's got a rats nest to the point where my wife couldn't clear it so she grabbed her pole to use. Moved to another fishing spot and about that time my middle son's pole got a rats nest I couldn't clear. Put it down to grab another pole and his pole & lure wrapped itself around my bimini.Couldn't free it nicely and darn it if the line held but the pole didn't - snapped that sucker right in 2.

Took that as a sign that my trip was officially shot to high hell, packed up everything on the boat and said that was enough fishing for the trip. Pulled the boat shortly thereafter.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
You had to deal with that type weather so that you will love it when it isn't that type weather. As far as the bird nests go (actually called professional over-run) I know exactly what you were going through. But mark my words, the time you take to get the family together, even when it isn't productive for catching fish, still makes fawn memories with your kids. Believe me, it only gets better. And they will remember that day for a life time. So even with a dismal day, you made memories that will be cherished forever. Actually catching fish is icing on the cake for the most part with kids. JMHO

MRS

Commander
briangcc, I have had more than one trip like that hate them but the next good trip will well make up for it. Last trip out caught fish but three lines wrapped around the anchor line Had to pull up anchor line untangle reset anchor and next cast nephew did back on the anchor line. Pulled back up and fish still on the line so got the fish but had to reset anchor again! I'm getting to old to keep yanking and resetting the anchor gets heavier every time I do it.:D

Old Ironmaker

Captain
We live on the north shore of Lake Erie in southern Ontario, that's in Canada. Last year you couldn't throw a chunk of Wonder Bread into the water without a 10 pound Walleye inhaling it. The fishing was magnificent, the best in 25 years. Charter guys were booked solid and fishermen and women were towing their boats many hundreds of miles to fish here. Walleye are known as Pickerel in most of Canada as well as here and catches are usually very few and far between and they are the sport fish most sought after because of how fantastic they taste. More boats than other years are close to shore fishing for Small Mouth Bass and Perch rather than to make the 15 mile run one way and waste all that $$$ to catch a skunk. A very late start here fishing due to the 2 meter (6 feet) social distancing rules put in place. Several, actually ALL of my fishing partners would not go out on my boat because it would be difficult to maintain 6 feet apart at all times. Since we are in our stage 4 for Corona Virus just this past week has a few said lets go fishing. My #1 fishing partner still won't go out on the boat or visit us because of the 6' rule. They have 3 new grand babies and Mary is very serious about protecting them. Very serious. Nothing wrong with that at all.

A very strange year for sport fishing for sure.

Last edited:

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Just last week I got home and there were 4 sucker minnows, I used those up on pike. Then I went and grabbed my fly rod and caught some nice blue gill and a small bass. Was not done yet went and grabbed the jigging rod and caught a few bass. Not a bad night.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Just last week I got home and there were 4 sucker minnows, I used those up on pike. Then I went and grabbed my fly rod and caught some nice blue gill and a small bass. Was not done yet went and grabbed the jigging rod and caught a few bass. Not a bad night.

How do you beat that? Maybe grab your Halibut rod and wrestle a few hundred pounds of fish and chips to shore.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Can not wait to hard water fish two tip ups out and sit in the house and watch football. The lake I live on has a 10 pike a day limit. Too many snakes But thru the ice northern back straps are every bit as good as walleye.