Hotest Walleye fishing on Erie EVER.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
We have lived right on the north lakeshore of Lake Erie for over 23 years and I have been fishing on Erie for the last 50. The fish of choise here are the Yellow Perch for the table and Walleye, again for the table. This has been the best season for Walleye we have ever seen. The sizes are not what they were this year. Averaging around 3 lbs. They have always averaged over 5 and many fish over 30" or around 9 to 12 lbs. The numbers are phenomenal. Daily limits are being had by even novice long line trollers here where equipment and methods are very different and can be somewhat complicated than your inland lake fisheries.

Want some fantastic Pickerelfishing, err I mean Walleye? Get your boats and butts or take a Professional Charter on the north shore of Erie in Ontario Canada. Ontario where our motto is "Keep It Beautiful."

MRS

Commander
Wish we had Walleye hear taste great and fun to catch did a trip one time to Canada at Birch island for a week was great. We did catch some big fat perch I wanted to keep and eat but guild said no. :grumpy: I love to eat perch but we did slay the pike and I hooked two musky but the hook never set in there hard jaw was a fun trip for me any how.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Sounds like a great trip MRS. I don't know why the guide would tell you that you can't keep the Perch, they aren't considered a gamefish in Ontario at least. A panfish here.

Those Northern Pike are fantastic for the table when you know how to take out the Y bones. Often we would just cut out the backs then put them in a food processer and mash up all the soft bones and make fish cakes with them. I have fooled plenty that said that they hated Pike thinking they were eating Walleye but were eating Northerns!!!.

Last edited:

MRS

Commander
Yes did bring some walleye and pike home taste great. The perch the guild just did not want to mess with said they where not good eating I said I liked them but he did not. Other than that was a good guild and fun trip.