How to keep boat stationary?

Ok so I know this is probably a stupid question but - we go crappie and catfish fishing in a 1992 180 nitro f/s. Problem is I used to tie up to a branch sticking above the water and fish straight down. That branch is gone - couldn’t find it last time out. That kept the boat stationary so we could fish. Last time out we were getting close to shore and tying up to out cropping tree branches. Then we tried dropping 2 anchors off one side of the boat - fore and aft and that worked for deeper water- but no bites. I think us throwing the anchors and the giant splash is scaring the fish away. I do have a trolling motor but it is a hand control simple one. Trying to figure out how to fish docks and also stay stationary in other spots without tying up to something. Ive seen the trolling motors with gps anchors and spot lock but they are out of my price range. Do you know of any trolling motors that are a good price for what I need? Also can this be done with a foot control? I usually just maneuver the trolling motor around with one hand and fish with the other but I spend more time messing with the motor and trying not to hit something or drifting. Thanks

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Pole poles are nice but expensive but they also make manually deployed units. Look like they are good for up to 8’ deep

Tassie 1

Chief Petty Officer
What about old bricks etc etc with holes in them
X2, bow and stern
SLOWLY lower to the bottom,

better than traditonal type anchors in fresh water rivers and lakes, which can have tree roots and stumps etc to snag anchors on

been there, done that

Cat nip

Petty Officer 1st Class
Google search shallow water anchor poles. They come in 8 to 12 footers. Once you see how they work maybe you can make some out of pvc or something if its not too windy where you fish?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I hear exactly what you are saying. You know the answer but it is not in your budget. We sometimes have the same issues trying to stay in 1 spot for perch and crappie. Your best bet is work it with 2 anchors fore and aft. Lower the, as slow as a snail. Just like Tassie said. That is until something is in the budget or a McGivor works.

tramsdell

Banned
I tie up my duck boat using wooden poles that drive into the muck, they work just like "power poles" but a little low tech. Possibly try that?