Trolling with more rods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 82rude View Post
    Not really up on ocean fish what is that ?
    https://www.chesapeakebay.net/S=0/fi...r/striped_bass

Comment

Trolling for trout here in idaho with my brother and friend we run 6 rods 4 on the two downriggers and then two lead core strait out the back and havent have a mess yet

Comment

Originally posted by Kjmfisher View Post
        Trolling for trout here in idaho with my brother and friend we run 6 rods 4 on the two downriggers and then two lead core strait out the back and havent have a mess yet
        Can’t figure out why in this day and age people are still using lead core. Made the switch to braid long ago

I guess old habits are hard to break.

Comment

I use braid on the downriggers rods but leadcore is great for running pop grear and thats all those two rodes are used for

Comment

Leadcore is a inexpensive way (OK cheap) to get the bait down. But a pain to change presentation when you have to reel it all in. Here on Erie guys have gone away from downriggers. The fish are getting smarter. Dipsys, Jet Divers and snap weights are more popular now. Got exactly zero on the riggers in the last 2 years, nada. On Lake Ontario yes but not Erie. A much deeper body of water on Lake O. We have 110' as the deepest we have here. Someone told me they fish in 200' of water on Erie, must be on the US side. Never saw anything deeper than 120'.
            Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

Here is a video of us fishing for lakers in Milwaukee, WI with 6 lines. We are aloud 3 lines per person, we have run up to 15, but its tough to find 5 guys that can all go fishing at the same time. We run 4 dipsies all the time, never have trouble. I would definitely think about adding lead core to your spread, cover a lot more water with some boards out there.

Comment

I like leadcore for river fishing...

Cooper gets deeper faster on the big lake,..

But more apt to be running snap weights,..

No downriggers,....

Use Offshore inline planner boards to spread thing out.

Comment

Working...
                X