Catching Spring Chinook in July;)

Helihover

Seaman
As the title states.....

Thanks for watching!

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Great video and even greater tune. We catch Chinook mid summer on Lake Erie and the western basin of Lake Ontario, deep. Suspended somewhere in 100' of water. I like the 3 minute video, when I see a fishing video more than 4 minutes I pass. I'm not positive but some of them there Salmon are Smallies. The next video however was 12 minutes. Sorry I passed.

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
Great video, thanks for sharing. Makes me want to get after those king salmon. Our season on the California Sacramento Delta opens Monday but the first part of the season is always sloooow. Can’t wait though.

Helihover

Seaman
Great video and even greater tune. We catch Chinook mid summer on Lake Erie and the western basin of Lake Ontario, deep. Suspended somewhere in 100' of water. I like the 3 minute video, when I see a fishing video more than 4 minutes I pass. I'm not positive but some of them there Salmon are Smallies. The next video however was 12 minutes. Sorry I passed.

:). I kind of like the longer vids. Kind of like a “fishing show”. You know, Bill Dance,.. lol.
Anyway ya the smallies were being caught on my salmon rig. Caught 3 that day and was just using the footage as B roll. I do fishing reports and this video was kind of and ending to the spring run reports... Most all of my reports are around 4 mins.

Helihover

Seaman
Great video, thanks for sharing. Makes me want to get after those king salmon. Our season on the California Sacramento Delta opens Monday but the first part of the season is always sloooow. Can’t wait though.

Thank You and good luck! Our season was horrible and now they have shorten the fall run season and are only allowing one fish per angler. Oh well;).

Old Ironmaker

Captain
:). I kind of like the longer vids. Kind of like a “fishing show”. You know, Bill Dance,.. lol.
Anyway ya the smallies were being caught on my salmon rig. Caught 3 that day and was just using the footage as B roll. I do fishing reports and this video was kind of and ending to the spring run reports... Most all of my reports are around 4 mins.

I actually watched a bit of your info video, good stuff. I can not stand any of the so called fishing shows on the tube today. They are no more than 30 minutes of commercials selling anything from Ram trucks to Cooper tires. I actually cancelled WFN and am an avid fishing guy. Can not stand them and I personally know a few Canucks that have their own successful shows that have been on for years. We have a small community of fisherguys and gals here in Ontario. Now Bill Dance is something different. He has a few birthdays and more bumps on his head than you do. One of the first Canadian shows was a guy named Red Fisher, might be on You Tube. What a blast, he was hammered during most of his shows and I mean blitzed.

If I'm not mistaken you have posted videos here before. I like it. Keep up the good work young laddy.

tf007

Cadet
Really enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. A chinook fishing trip on the Fraser river in B.C has long been on my bucket list. You just made it that much harder not to make the trip!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Really enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. A chinook fishing trip on the Fraser river in B.C has long been on my bucket list. You just made it that much harder not to make the trip!

I am amongst a crew of fishing pals that have all been to the Fraser, I haven't,,,,,,,,yet! My kid brother has and it was the 3rd time in his life he had a rod and reel in his hand, not fair I say, just not fair. He has a pic of a huge Cut Throat he landed somehow.

tf007

Cadet
I am amongst a crew of fishing pals that have all been to the Fraser, I haven't,,,,,,,,yet! My kid brother has and it was the 3rd time in his life he had a rod and reel in his hand, not fair I say, just not fair. He has a pic of a huge Cut Throat he landed somehow.

I sympathize with you! My dad has been multiple times as well, and has enough pictures of trophy fish in his office to make anyone jealous! Hopefully you make the trip soon and fortune favors you! Would love to login one day and see pictures of your catch! Good luck.