Missing Walleye openner this year!

Old Ironmaker

Captain
What was supposed to be a quick paint job in our shack has become a full fledged kitchen remodel, build a bedrrom and new floors throughout. I am going to miss our Pickerel opener for the 1st time in 38 years because of this stinkin' joint. I do not like missing it one bit.

MRS

Commander
I feel your pain! Was going to striper derby in Havasu but boat not running right so no go when boat ready going out there any how and do some fishing.Get out there and fish...:fish2:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Sounds like a tradition OLD.Me I avoid opening like the plague .Opening up here can get crappy weather ,rain and the s word.Im going out on Lake Superior to chase steelhead,coho,lakers,first for a couple of weeks soon as my back allows me to function in the boat safely.The wind was up this weekend and even the st. marys river had large whitecaps so Superior would of been a no go for me and my 160ss.Kings will be out their also.And if we were to go up to camp there would likely be a half dozen boats on the 35 mile res ,way over crowded.

Last edited:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
A man has to have his priorities....didn’t fish opening either. Water was too cold. Fish still up in the rivers which are off limits to fishing.

No sense in burning up $100 in fuel for a cold boat ride.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well talked to a few guys that went up to camp (brothers).Smallmouths were hitting hard.5-8 lbs a plenty .Several very large pike too!And of course mr wally.