This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Cats ore on fire up here.

When the buds start on the Maple trees here in southern Ontario we hit the Grand River that empties into Lake Erie for the big Catfish. Here a big Cat is 20 plus pounds. Not that big compared to some you guys south get on the big rivers dumping into the Gulf. Yesterday we nabbed 5 all over 20 pounds, buddy\s tipped the scale at 25 plus as my old scale only goes to 25 lbs. A barrel weight, a circle hook and an uncooked Shrimp,30 lb. braid on a flippin' stick. Can't get much simpler than that. Plus you can eat the bait you don't use. All released. If we got a few small Cats that we call "Yellows" we would have fried them up. Great this time of year from cold water. My telephone when it miraculously turns into a camera won't upload to the PC, so no pictures. I'm told if there are no pics of fish these days they were never caught. I say if a tree falls in a forest and no one was there to take a pic and post it online did it really happen?

Good luck fishin' this season, be safe.
    Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Sounds like fun. You may want to consider using goog photos on your phone and computer. Works very well, and the price is right. Although I'm sure the photos and such are "out there" - but that doesn't bother me

Comment

What are goog photos? My wife's phone can upload to the laptop but not mine.

Comment

I usually just email pictures to myself.

Comment

Yes the Cats are hitting good here in VT on Champlain too Fun to catch!
          This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
          Please, shop iboats first!!

Comment

The Herring and Shad run is winding down as is the cat bite.
            The target of choice this time of the year is the Blue Cat

http://www.capitalcatfishing.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Old Ironmaker View Post
              What are goog photos? My wife's phone can upload to the laptop but not mine.
              I don't want to name other companies, but I think you know the company. It's a nice program, and app for phone, for managing photos. There are many ways to skin that cat though.

Comment

Thanks for the photo tips. None of our phones have Data Usage, an extra 125 bucks a month, we are in Ontario, the worse rates in the World so no email. Imagine that we use our phones to talk to people. I delete everything that is texted to me. All the God Children, nieces and nephews call me old fashioned, I'm good with that. Need to get out my Instamatic I guess.

Comment

That's awesome youd be nearing record sized catfish if you caught one that size here in Utah. I've hooked some 15 pounders here but nothing bigger than that. This is also on a piece of uncooked shrimp a size 1 j hook and a 1/2 oz barrel sinker.

Comment

the lake here just got stocked with blues in 2015. its a 5000 acre lake. chalked full of channel cats. been fishing them for a couple decades. I got a blue at 6.5 this summer. they are growing. we went out last week in 25-30 foot of water and caught us a nice mess of eaters for winter.
                    sigpic17' spectrum 1700 fish and ski force 50hp 2012 channelcats 173 caught

Comment

Working...
                    X