Sunset fishing

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Went to a local lake and fished from the bank for an hour or so this evening. We didn't catch any fish but it sure was nice being out there!

I was keeping a close eye on the clouds, as there were thunderstorms on both sides of us.
1.jpg

I caught this pic of the wispy clouds. The photo is NOT edited other than sizing! Got the pic just in time. 2.jpg

Because 21 seconds later, the glow was gone! 3.jpg

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Wonderful pics, just wonderful. My favorite is the middle with the coloured clouds. I've saved them and want to paint the cloud pic over the winter. If I get it done I'll send you a photo of it. Thanks.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Wonderful pics, just wonderful. My favorite is the middle with the coloured clouds. I've saved them and want to paint the cloud pic over the winter. If I get it done I'll send you a photo of it. Thanks.
Thanks! I got lucky with the timing. :)

Old Ironmaker

Captain
We were down in FLA for 3 weeks after Christmas day. Those southern sunsets are different. But the further northern you get in Ontario they get more dramatic as well. Nothing in the sky as amazing as The Northern Lights though. Everyone should see them at least once in a lifetime. My wife hasn't, I've seen dozens in my travels. Even once during the day on the US side of Lake Erie, a very rare sighting.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
We were down in FLA for 3 weeks after Christmas day. Those southern sunsets are different. But the further northern you get in Ontario they get more dramatic as well. Nothing in the sky as amazing as The Northern Lights though. Everyone should see them at least once in a lifetime. My wife hasn't, I've seen dozens in my travels. Even once during the day on the US side of Lake Erie, a very rare sighting.

Yeahhh... to get the really good sunsets, ya have to be here during the summer when we have plenty of clouds. Winter is the dry season here. I've seen some of the most incredible sunsets here. Although I do recall one spectacular one while fishing Lake Perris in southern California when I lived there back in the 80s. Wish I'd had a camera with me that day.

Northern Lights - I was fortunate enough to see them over Lake Erie while living in Sandusky, OH back in the 70s. Made Erie more eerie. :lol:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
So I was looking through some of my RC flying pix from a few years ago and found these sunset photos. Good examples of the sunsets we have here in the summer.

IMG_7770a.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7766b.JPG
    IMG_7766b.JPG
    341.2 KB · Views: 0