Garage sale find of a lifetime!

ccarver80

Petty Officer 1st Class
Saw a garage sale online that had some fishing stuff talked to the lady and she held it for me till I got off work! I have to say I paid $70 and I think I have at least $100-$200worth of gear if not more!

I recorded a video of my find ... Sorry it's kinda long
.. got carried away looking at every little thing !

64osby

Admiral
Garage sales can be great. Congrats.

I was happy with the deal I found earlier this year. 25 Mepps for $5.00.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Garage sales and estate sales. a buddy of mine went to an estate sale, complete boat, motor, trolling motor, all rods, tackle, powered down riggers etc. for $600. he sold the powered down riggers and half the tackle for $600 on CLso the boat was essentially "free".

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Some times you win, some times the seller does. I will say I don't go to too many because the things I like are usually not there. I guess my technical likes are things not usually at the typical garage sells.

I did like your experimenting with the "time lapse" videos though.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
If I saw that stuff for sale it would be like Christmas morning for me. I don't think I would pay 70 bucks unless I saw all those crank and minnow baits. The creel net and the kids tackle box and the stuff in it is maybe 25 bucks. You scored on the crank baits. They sell for over $10.00 each new and will get $5.00 used at the swap shows all day long in new condition. That Cotton Cordell Wally Diver is a Walleye killer. When you were looking for the name I am yelling C and C Wally Diver at the screen, I want it. My wife thinks I've lost it. Especially in the Fire Tiger pattern of which you have a few others in the same pattern, they are all killers. You scored for sure even at $70.00 with the number of plugs there.

A few years ago I bought a big cardboard box full of tangled lures for 40 bananas at a local flea market. Once I separated them all at home and searching the internet I realized I had well over $800.00 of antique tackle, a few from the late 1800's. I sold the box minus a few rare ones to a collector in the States on Kijiji for $500.00 USD.

Way to go now take that kid fishing!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: