Fish on!! the magic Salmon River

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
For those of us lucky enough to live within travel distance of the Salmon River in Pulaski NY, a fishing trip there during the annual migration should not be missed. 20-30 lb Kings, Rainbows, Browns, Coho's, out of Lake Ontario, it's a happening and a blast... yes, shoulder to shoulder craziness can be found, also found is 13 miles of river bank should one only desire to take a walk and find a quiet spot.... fish on!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
As interesting as that sounds, and believe me it does sound really amazing as well, I guess I will never experience such an outing. I will say I do enjoy the spawning season when the crappie are suicidal around middle Georgia though. Totally different and a heck of a lot smaller species, but fun catching them all the same. JMHO

Starcraft5834

Lieutenant Commander
thank you Joe and gm,, it is,, fire up Utube and search Salmon River Pulaski NY, you will get a sense of it.... Upstate NY is truly an amazing fishery, from the Finger Lakes, to Great Lakes, to St Lawrence River... I dont believe it's equal exists in the USA

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
As interesting as that sounds, and believe me it does sound really amazing as well, I guess I will never experience such an outing. I will say I do enjoy the spawning season when the crappie are suicidal around middle Georgia though. Totally different and a heck of a lot smaller species, but fun catching them all the same. JMHO

or Guntersville AL. Ultralight and 2 lb test is an equalizer to a 20+ pounder on fat line.

Better yet is fat bluegill on same light tackle, with crickets out of a farm pond.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
or Guntersville AL. Ultralight and 2 lb test is an equalizer to a 20+ pounder on fat line.

Better yet is fat bluegill on same light tackle, with crickets out of a farm pond.

Uh redneck, now you did it. I haven't dipped a line in the water in over three years. And I can tell you, I may have to learn all over again by the time I get my boat project finished. I love ultra line for bluegill and crappie. I even use to use a fly rod for brim so I could roll the line under low hanging limbs to get to them. Now you made me remember all those things. :eek:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
That fall run is fantastic. I just can't take the shoulder to shoulder thing any longer and there is always 1 jerk for every 10 good guys that will respect you when you have one on. Congrats on a good trip.