Shrimp Additive

Tony T.

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I've been getting more into drift fishing for catfish here lately at our local freshwater lake,back when I was a kid I use to catfish in creeks and gov't lakes from the bank. Remembering back to my teenage years my Dad use to go quite often and would always ask me if I wanted to go, of course back then I told him no I've got women to chase and he would just grin or laugh and say ok stay out of trouble. I remember he used shrimp for bait a lot of times because usually he was drift fishing out of his boat, I remember he would have something like a mayo jar to put his shrimp in and he would add a little bit of vanilla extract to the jar with shrimp, he use to say that was his secret for catching nice channel cat's just messing around with me. I also remember he said not to add to much vanilla extract also, I guess what I getting at is has anyone heard of using the vanilla extract with the shrimp and if you have how much do you use ? I can't ask my Dad because he's been passed away now for little over 22 years.

Tony