Kicker Motor?

R B

Seaman
Looking at a Merc Pro Kicker or tiller. Will be trolling for walleye and musky. Any preference on which 9.9 hp to get?

sam am I

Commander
Honda!!.....Seems to work for Chinook, Kokanee, Dolly's, Kam's, Pike, Bass, Seagulls, Osprey and Scuba Divers. I'm sure it'd work for Muskeye's. Mine even hooked me a $5000 fish once, can't beat that.......Heck, ya can even drag start a Honda!!

Six of one, half a doz of another tho these days eh?

Here's proof...... A Smallie I caught with the Honda (running, I think)......Sorta ;)

Hemostats...Strictly used to medical and surgical purposes

Attachments

• SAM_7917a.jpg
    SAM_7917a.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander
The pro-kicker comes both ways tiller and remote. Don't understand your question. I have a pro-kicker remote and have the controls mounted just under the main engine controls. I have a link from the main engine that makes it easy to steer from the console and also use my auto pilot to steer when I'm fighting and landing fish.

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
What kind of boat do you have? Picture? What body of water/s do you plan on fishing?

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
It's a personal preference thing,....

My Mercury kicker has a tiller handle,....I use a tie bar to steer with the big motor,..

Right now I adjust the speed at the tiller,

In the future I plan on adding a "Troll Controll" or "I-troll" to adjust the speed at the helm,...

I like the tiller handle for the times I use it to steer depending on my fishing presentation,..

jimmysbay

Recruit
I have the pro kicker in a tiller, have the 15 hp, friend has a 9.9 on 18' pro v. Best kicker I've seen. Runs great, lots of features and shift on the throttle handle is great especially for back trolling. You will love the power tilt in shallow water. 9.9 is enough power for most boats, but the extra charging amps on the 15 is a nice touch.