amazing sonar images captured with my new fish finder

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Nice! Spread Spectrum!
Ran a boat last weekend for a guy with more money than fishing experience. He had a Furuno UD CHIRP unit connected to a 14" TZ touch display. Never had it out of auto before I got ahold of it.

Impressive to say the least. So was the price tag thus the Garmin connected to an existing display

Last edited:

ib18

Chief Petty Officer
Ran a boat last weekend for a guy with more money than fishing experience. He had a Furuno UD CHIRP unit connected to a 14" TZ touch display. Never had it out of auto before I got ahold of it.

Impressive to say the least. So was the price tag thus the Garmin connected to an existing display

holy cow! I just checked the Furuno chirp 14" - it is a $4K toy. Man, I bet you can get turtle and fish images much clearer than my little $500 raymarine dragonfly 7 chirp sonar.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
holy cow! I just checked the Furuno chirp 14" - it is a $4K toy. Man, I bet you can get turtle and fish images much clearer than my little $500 raymarine dragonfly 7 chirp sonar.

The display alone is $4K... the sounder module and transducer add another $3.5 - $4K to that figure