Using a cast-a-bubble

Trains1938

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, I am using a cast-a-bubble and a spinning rod with a fly. Question, why does the trout hit the cast-a-bubble and not the fly?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have zero ideas about what you are talking about. Post a picture of your setup. Pictures convey lots of words and can allow us to see what you are talking about. However, with that stated, any time a fish hits something and not the intended lure or fly, they are attracted to the item because it looks like something they want to eat. JMHO!

Trains1938

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi guys, 64osby hit the nail on the head. Yes, this is what I am using, using my own version it that is. gm280 if you go to the web link that 64oby sent me, you will see what I am talking about.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
How many lures per person are legal in your location??

In WI we are allowed three per person,...

I have removed the rear hook of a top water popper and tied on a line to a fly to do what the casting bubble does,...

Trains1938

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Teamster, We are allowed two. One on each line. You can have as many as you want in your stash.

Trains1938

Petty Officer 3rd Class
scipper77, never used egg sacks. I will give them a try next time.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
small night crawler with 1 orange power egg behind the cast a bubble equals trout, add extra water to the bubble so it is just above the water.