lake superior coho

82rude

Rear Admiral
Heading out to Gros Cap Ontario which is 1/2 hour away to fish for coho salmon on Lake Superior.Its right at the beginning of the Lake and about 2 to 3 miles from the dock it deepens out to 80 to 170 feet.Fishing at 55 feet down with a hotspot apex lure.So far ive got 9 coho and spent one morning totally fogged in out on the lake.Thank god for gps!I spent 2 hrs not being able to see 30 feet in any direction but was totally safe as the gps kept me on a perfect course and when the fog lifted I was exactly where I expected to be .Still,spooky as hell.Been giving away the coho to those that cant fish anymore that I know and im thinking of canning some also.If I can get my limit fast this morning I would like to try for a couple of lake trout who so far out there have avoided my company for years.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Should of said Gros Cap is at the end of Superior were it flows into the St. Mary,s river before heading on to Lake Huron.Just 2 Coho today before the blasted wind blew me off the lake.With just a 16 foot StarCraft and 60 etec you have to have a lot of respect for that body of water.