Primer bulb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer bulb

Went to start my suzuki dt65 last night after letting it lie for 6months. The primer bulb was dosed and leaking fuel. I managed to get some fuel pumped to start outboard. However it was a no start. My questin is would a leaking primer bulb stop the outboard starting or do I need to look further for the problem.

Re: Primer bulb

primer bulb just puts fuel into the carbs,

Comment

The primer bulb is an integral part of the fuel supply system and should be replaced if leaking....Before the fire!....

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I know I need to get a new primer bulb but I was still wondering is this the most likely cause of the engine not starting or is it something else. The engine is old and already needs some other work. I do not want to start working at it unless it is simple to fix. Plus my skills are limited in this area.

Comment

It seems the engine should fire, although it probably wouldn't run due to sucking air in the bulb. Just my thoughts. Could you borrow a fuel line and try it?

John
          __________________________________________________ _________________________________

“…and sometimes he saw an enormous disk of ocean, a cold, uneasy sea, endless miles of desolation, the comfortless element in which he was at home.”

Patrick O’Brian

Comment

Working...
          X