2002 Suzuki 4 stroke 115 hp trim

maclement

Recruit
:confused:Gentlemen,I am new to site and am in need of help in troubleshooting possible solutions to my tilt and trim problems for my 2002 4 stroke 115 outboard motor.Tilt and Trim was working perfectly after last trip out and recently went to check/change lower unit gear oil if needed but was unable to get engine to trim up or down from switches located on bow,shift lever or at engine itself.From all switches all I get is a clicking sound inside of engine(solenoids??).Am a little mechanically inclined but not so much as brother who is currently at work and not sure when he will return.Would appreciate any and all suggestions so that I will have a few options besides the ones I have tried.--cleaning connections,terminals,checking wiring and few other basics.Also am curious about trim reset that I have heard about but not sure of location on engine.Any comments welcome and would be deeply appreciated to assist myself prior to brother and /or shop repair.Have a great day and GOD BLESS.

Last edited:

Iceking

Seaman
Re: 2002 Suzuki 4 stroke 115 hp trim

When was the last time you ran the engine when the PTT functioned properly? Be sure your battery is fully charged.

Last edited:

greg daigle

Cadet
Re: 2002 Suzuki 4 stroke 115 hp trim

the trim stop is under the steering mount check that it rachets move it see if that helps