Suzuki dt65 won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disschord

Seaman Apprentice
Hi my suzuki dt65 was running fine until I took it off the stand to build a more substantial stand so had it laying flat for a day while I built the stand.
Once my new stand was built I got the engine on it and went to start it but now it won't fire????

I checked the fuses one had gone so I replaced it (25AMP) still no joy but has not blown since
I checked the plugs they seem to spark ok.
And we're new this season
I checked compresion 141 141 140 PSI
Fuel is new

What would you guys check next

Thanks

mphelle8vld

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Suzuki dt65 won't start

You may have just emptied the contents of the carbs into their respective crankcases flooding it. Pull the safety lanyard and remove the plugs, spin the motor to clear it out.

Disschord

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks I will give that a go.
Any ideas how long I should turn it over and any tips on how to tell once its clear?

Disschord

Seaman Apprentice

I found if I put fuel straight in the carb or in the spark plug hole she starts and runs a dream

So I service and cleaned the carbs and found a slightly sticky float valve which I cleaned and now operates normally.
I cleaned all the carbs and put it back together but
Still no joy

Looking at the fuel pump I found it had been previously repaired so I have ordered a new one

Hopefully with the carbs cleaned and a new fuel pump she will start on her own.

Does anyone have any other ideas

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

pumping the primer bulb will fill carbs with fuel, so it should start even if the pump was not working and the carbs are functioning properly.

Does this motor have a choke?
If so is it closing all of the way when energizing or pulling the lever out to choke position?
Just how are you trying to start this motor with it on stand?

Disschord

Seaman Apprentice

It's on a stand in a large deep water butt.

I have tried using the manual choke which closes about 90% but it still won't fire

For some reason when starting it won't draw any fuel from the float chamber but once started (by placing fuel in air intake) it runs fine and draws fuel on its own

cuejodoggy

Recruit
Disschord,

Hi I'm having the same exact problem with the same exact motor. You never posted a solution can you please let me know how you fixed it? Thanks

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Disschord,

Hi I'm having the same exact problem with the same exact motor. You never posted a solution can you please let me know how you fixed it? Thanks

He left the forum. Start a new thread to get answers from active members.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.