15 hp 2 stroke yamaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarred1

Recruit
I have a 15 hp 2 stroke yamaha outboard motor and I believe the year for it is 2002. The other day when I took it out the motor wouldn't consistently pee (don't know what it is really called). I got it home and took the lower unit off thinking the water pump was bad; it looks brand new but there was parts of the old one still in the housing. I took the parts I could find out and put it back together. I put the ear muffs on the motor and started it, had the same problem. I took it apart again and there was more parts of the old water pump in the housing again so I get them all out. I then hooked the muffs up to the lower unit when it was off the motor and flushed the area under the water pump out. I then hooked the hose up to the line where the water should be coming out of and flushed that area out. I hooked everything back up and still have the same problem. I was thinking there could be a thermostat on the motor that is malfunctioning but can't find any information on this motor. What could be the problem with this thing?

Thanks in advance
Jarred

MrsuarezMiami

Recruit
It's the water tube they turn to sheet I know its years too late for an answer but maybe it will help someone mine turned to dust it's a ph pull and new tube it's not as hard as a merc or rude to fix I did it in half an hour just order the midsection gasket water tube and grommets

Status
Not open for further replies.