Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 HP Yamaha runs fine idle speed but bogs down at full throttle. what's up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 HP Yamaha runs fine idle speed but bogs down at full throttle. what's up?

I just purchased at auction a pontoon with 2006 60hp 4 stroke Yamaha. It started smoothly and ran perfectly for 15 minutes then lost power - like it ran out of gas. It starts and idles perfectly and will run full throttle for a minute or two after it has been turned off for 10-15 min. But then has the same issue of bogging down as if it is running out of gas. I have replaced the fuel filter. Any ideas or suggestions on what to try next?

Re: 60 HP Yamaha runs fine idle speed but bogs down at full throttle. what's up?

Could be overheat putting in safe mode, might test to make sure alarms work properly

Comment

I have a 2005 60 hp Yamaha that is doing this as well. Very frustrating. So far we have determined no fix for it. I have done the following:
      Cleaned and inspected the entire fuel system.
      Cleaned and inspected the entire cooling system.
      Scanned the engine , removed all trouble codes, and addressed a vague cooling trouble code and removed it.
      Gone over every fuel , electrical , and cooling connection , fitting , and component.
      Replaced the fuel injection pump ,primary fuel pump , thermostast , impellor and cleaned all related sensors and components.
      Unconnected the shift cable position switch with no change.
      Hours and hours of needed ,but not critical , work has been done with very little change in the problem.
      Anyone smart , experienced enough to get this solved on here?
      Thank you ,Steve

Comment

First thing you do is ....................................Start your own thread. Look at the Help Tips on top of the page.
        BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
        Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
        That is what the forums are for.
        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Done GA Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X