Yamahah 703 Control Box wiring concerns

jbettinger86

Recruit
I am rewiring my control box and i can not find anything on the internet for a wiring diagram that can help me. I have 6 pigtails that are different colors and i need to know what they are for so i can properly hook my gauges up. The 703 control box is from the mid 90's. If anyone could shed a lil light on this question it would be greatly appreciated. I included a couple pics to get a better understanding. photo 2.jpgphoto(14).jpg

speed_demon

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yamahah 703 Control Box wiring concerns

Red - Battery +
Black - Ground
Green - Tach signal
Yellow - Ignition on 12V

Keep in mind these are all outputs.

Pairs are for an auxiliary trim/tilt control switch.

Sky blue/purple - trim up
Green - trim down
Red - constant +

Connect red to green motor goes down, connect red to purple motor goes up.

There is a separate plug under the cowling that handles trim and oil gauge signals. I'm pretty sure it's always a standard 4-pin plug but it could be different on some models. For example if you are running a 2-stroke with an external oil tank it may only be 2-pin. Off the top of my head I can't remember the color codes.

Good Luck

speed_demon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I ran into the same lack of info a couple years ago. Happy to help.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Speed I never thought about it before,
but with that info on the T&T wiring I just may look at running a T&T switch up to my poling platform ,
and use the motor as a way to stop/anchor the boat while I am on top of the poling platform while in very shallow water with out having to buy and mount one of those power poles

speed_demon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was always curious why you would need an aux tilt if you have one at your thumb and usually at the engine too but I guess if you're creative it could come in very handy.