yamaha remote control

robert graham

Admiral
Re: yamaha remote control

Mine is a 703 also and I can see no way at all for it to be reversible. I've heard of some left hand controls on boats in foreign countries, but believe most boats in the USA are right hand control. You need left hand controls?...

Capt Ken

Commander

Remove center bolt and switch to the other side. Very simple

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Remove center bolt and switch to the other side. Very simple

Don't forget theneutral lock, that has to move to the other side too. Two screws holding it.

speed_demon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The only problem is the t&t will reverse sides too but I guess you can get used to it. Are you running a center console?

Don S

The only problem is the t&t will reverse sides too but I guess you can get used to it. Are you running a center console?

No it doesn't, up is still up, down is still down. The handle changes sides, that's all.

speed_demon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The button is on the other side. I don't know about you but I'm a thumb man. No self respecting american would control his trim with his pinky!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

I take it he is swapping the handle to move it to the other side of boat and operate with left hand maybe

speed_demon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've seen left side controls in some vintage boats but most people who need reversed controls are running center consoles. The controls mount on the right side of the outside of the console so the mounting surface is reversed.

Don S

I've run center console boats and have no problems using my index, middle, or ring finger to operate the trim control if the button is on the outside of the control, never even considered using my pinky. You seem to be wanting to create a problem where there normally isn't one.

The OP asked if the handle was reversible, and it is. So what is the problem?

speed_demon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You seem to be wanting to create a problem where there normally isn't one.

The OP asked if the handle was reversible, and it is. So what is the problem?

It's really not that big a deal I just wanted to point out that the button will not be at your thumb which is preferred. The last time I ran that setup for dipnetting my wrist got pretty sore. Long periods of unpredictable shallows and boat traffic/waves with constant trim manipulation.