Aftermarket power trim and tilt

caddoman

Recruit
I have a 1989 90hp Yamaha that the power trim and tilt stopped working on. After purchasing a used unit that did not work, I purchased an aftermarket unit (cmc pt130) and have installed it. In doing this, I removed the OE unit from the engine and have now realized there is no way to lock the engine in place. Since it was originally outfitted with power trim and tilt, there is no locking mechanism. There are holes in the bracket that bolts to the boat for a pin, but there is no latch mechanism to lock onto the pin, so when using reverse the engine will kick up. Looking for a solution. Has anyone else run into this situation and how did you deal with it?

cwalls5656

Cadet
Re: Aftermarket power trim and tilt

i just purchased an aftermarket per trm mtr off ebay for 52$. boat repair places wanted over 200$. it has a 1 year warrenty, they are located in eastern tn. i purchased it tues., and it was delivered to me wed. so dont pay for overnight shipping. the company is called d&b or d&e electic, motor works great. just type in power trim motor on ebay, most of there pics have a yellow back ground.. also, they have a phone # posted so you can call and ask them for the one for your boat motor. and free shipping