Alarm ! Yamaha 50 hp 2 cycle alarms sounds

Tnmtns

Cadet
Hello
I have a 2007 yamaha 50 hp 2 cycle engine. I had trouble will acceleration and pulled the carbs and cleaned. Seems to be running good. I put water muffs on it and the alarm sounded. It has oil injection and level is fine. The good people on this forum suggested two things. Thermostat and impeller. I replaced both. It takes 30 seconds for the water to pick up on the muffs but starts peeing good. I let it idle for about 5 minutes with water muffs on and the alarm went off again :confused:
The water coming out would go cool then very very hot then cool again. I imagine this is the thermostat opening and closing. I am totally at a loss now what could be setting off this alarm. I have never noticed the water being as hot as steam almost. I seem to be blindly replacing parts to no avail. Could it just need to be in the water and not on the muffs?
Appreciate ya'lls help and suggestions.
TnMtns

tebeemansr

Recruit
Re: Alarm ! Yamaha 50 hp 2 cycle alarms sounds

I am looking for an answer also-my 2003 Y 50 hr 2 stroke was sitting up for a while. Had to use accelerates to start but couldnt keep it running. Was told to put "medic" in and run then let sit for 48 hrs. Seems to be working so/so for now-but the problem now is-I notice a connection disc. I connected and an alarm went off. I didnt disc, so am thinking prev owner did. But now cant find out what is wrong-oil level is good-pee is cool-changed impellar and pump last yr-
could it be like theso called idiot light in some vehicles? To me its a warning-but we never heard it before.
Would appreciated any thoughts
Terry
Florida Keys

shackle101

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Are you sure the oil injection is working/mixing correctly? Did the fuel in the carbs look mixed with oil? (even if it is it may not be enough) from the sounds of things it maybe mixing part of the time correctly and stops mixing correctly which causing it to get really hot randomly. Try mixing your own batch of gas and see how it runs.

Tnmtns

Cadet

I ended up replacing my impellar and thermostat. It fixed it. My engine will not run with the muffs. It has to be in the water and then it runs fine. Did not like muffs at all.