Suzuki DF 60 no spark...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilime75

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm trying to help out a friend here. We went to take his pontoon out for the first time this year and didn't get very far. After the typical inspection, battery, oil, fuel, visual... we tried to start it but the motor just cranked and cranked but it would not fire. A quick inspection revealed we had no spark. This is a 2004-2006 model, it has 2 dual coil packs, and we had no spark out of both coils. A little while later we noticed the diagnostic LED in the tach was flashing a 4-2 code. So far, it appears as the 4-2 code on a Suzuki is for a bad CKP(crank position sensor). A new CKP is $300, what can we do to confirm that it is in fact the CKP, before buying parts?

Thanks.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Suzuki DF 60 no spark...

I think a service manual would have specs and test procedure.
Ohms and/or peak voltage maybe

emilime75

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think a service manual would have specs and test procedure.
Ohms and/or peak voltage maybe

I imagine it would too. I'm really not looking at diagnosing this, neither is he, we're just trying to get some educated guesses before the mechanic comes out to look at it. Considering the high price of parts, we'd prefer someone a bit more knowledgeable handles it. At the same time, we don't want to get taken for a ride by the mechanic either.

Does anyone where we might be able to download a service manual for this motor, preferably for free?

noelm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Of course you have checked to make sure the cut out lanyard is in place?

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Disconnect the 2 wires from the lanyard and try. They do go bad and even though its still attached it may be bad

Status
Not open for further replies.